Core Team’s Toolkit
The Core Team's goal is to communicate the urgency of climate change to the public, and give them a strategy for solving the problem. They achieve this by learning from Earth United's media, sharing it, and creating and sharing their own content to engage a global audience.
Earth United's Media
Earth United's media serves as an example for the type of content that the Core Team can create in their own words and style to share with the public. It comes in various formats, such as video and documentation.
Here is the basic message:
- Communicate the problem:
- Climate change threatens our very existence. It will kill millions of people, destabilise governments, and permanently damage our economies. It is in everyone's interest, rich and poor, conservative and liberal, to act now.
- Our current laws support an energy system based on fossil fuels, upheld by a powerful group of wealthy individuals who pressure governments to maintain it.
- Communicate the solution:
- When governments enact new laws to invest in and subisidize green technologies, they won't just save the planet, they will make energy far more affordable for everyone.
- People need to act now, demanding that their governments implement these changes.
- Call to action: Always include a way for the audience to take the next step.
- Simple: Keep the message straightforward, concise, and easy to understand. Bite-sized chunks work best.
- Focused: Avoid mixing climate change solutions with other agendas, such as dismantling capitalism or creating fairer societies, as it may confuse the message and create disagreements.
- Inclusive: Climate change is a non-partisan issue. Solving it will cost a lot, but ignoring it will cost more. Everyone should work together to address this pressing issue.
- Audio-Visual: Use visuals and sound to amplify your message. Videos are particularly effective.
Core Team Strategy
In addition to sharing Earth United's content, the Core Team creates their own media to share these messages. They use their unique voice and perspective to resonate with different audiences. Here are some ideas, but feel free to explore beyond these suggestions:
Social Media Videos or Images
- Documentary-style clips: Create short videos that showcase the impacts of climate change or the success of green initiatives.
- Infographics: Design visually appealing graphics that present climate change data and solutions in an easily digestible format.
- Interviews: Conduct interviews with experts, activists, or affected community members to share their insights and experiences related to climate change.
- Photo series: Curate a collection of photographs that depict the effects of climate change or the progress made in sustainable development.
- Op-eds: Write opinion pieces for online publications or newspapers to share your perspective on climate change and the need for action.
- Personal stories: Share your experiences or observations related to climate change and its impact on the environment or communities.
- Research articles: Conduct research on specific aspects of climate change and share your findings through articles or reports.
- Guides: Create educational guides or resources to help others understand climate change and learn how to take action in their own lives.